Make a difference, get involved with Shelburne Food Shelf
Looking for a way to help out? Want meaningful involvement? Become a volunteer at The Shelburne Food Shelf! The Food Shelf is entirely run by volunteers and there are a variety of ways that you can get involved!
Here are our current volunteer opportunities:
- Food Shelf Food Distribution/Food Shelf Guide: Help shoppers navigate the food shelf, provide help in finding items, clarifying quantities, and restock as needed. Current shopping days are 2nd & 4th Tuesday pm; the following Thursday am and Saturday am.
- Food Shopping: Hannaford/Costco food shopping (prior to Tuesday distributions).
- Food Bank Delivery and Stocking: Assist in unpacking and stocking shelves from the monthly Food Bank delivery. Second Tuesday of the month; 8 am to 10 am.
- School Distribution: Help distribute food at Shelburne Community School for vacation weeks (10 weeks in the summer and 4 vacation weeks during the school year)
Not ready to volunteer just yet?
If you need more information or you have questions about volunteering, please reach out to us at shelburnefoodshelf@. gmail.com
Ready to volunteer? Here’s how!
- Complete the on-line form below.
- A food shelf representative will reach out to you to confirm that your application was received.
- You will receive by email a volunteer manual with agreements and waivers that must be signed and returned.
- Once agreements and waivers are returned, you will be given access to Sign up Genius to sign-up for a volunteer job that fits your schedule.