Shop for food
How it works
- Our services are provided for free.
- You will not be asked for proof of need or income.
- Please sign up to shop before arriving, if you can.
- Bring proof that you live in Shelburne.
- Please treat other shoppers and our volunteer staff with the same kindness and dignity with which we treat you.
Pick a time to shop
Or, call 802-622-3313, then press 3
Questions about shopping
Why do I need to sign up?
We have a small space and want to keep people safe. It helps us plan how much we will need to restock.
What happened to the Food That’s In When School Is Out Program?
From Tuesday, June 27 to Saturday, August 26, 2023, the Shelburne Food Shelf will be offering families with school-aged children supplemental breakfast, lunch, and snack items. Unlike previous years, if your family could use additional food for your school aged children, the food will be distributed at the Shelburne Food Shelf. There will not be a separate distribution at the school. Instead, families must sign-up to shop at the Shelburne Food Shelf during our scheduled shopping days.
How do I prove I live in Shelburne, Vermont?
All community members of Shelburne can shop at the Food Shelf. This includes people who are transient or unhoused. On your second visit to the Food Shelf, you will need to register and show proof of residency. You can bring a utility bill, paystub or bank statement that shows your name and current address. If you are staying at Harbor Place or using a hotel voucher, your room key will serve as proof of residency.
When are you open?
The Food Shelf is open about six times a month. Our calendar shows upcoming shopping dates and times.
What kind of food do you have?
We have a variety of foods, including vegetarian options.
How often can I shop?
Shoppers can shop twice a month.
Are shopping carts and bags available?
We have shopping carts for use in the Food Shelf. Bring your own reusable bags, if possible, or we have paper bags available.
Where is the Food Shelf?
Shelburne Town Office Building, 5420 Shelburne Road. View the map and directions.
- We are a Smoke Free Facility, there is to be no smoking anywhere on the property.
- The Shelburne Food Shelf requests that all participants behave appropriately and treat all volunteers and other shoppers with respect and dignity. If you are unable to respect this policy, volunteers will ask you to leave. If you are asked to leave more than one time, you will no longer be eligible for services at Shelburne Food Shelf.
- At no time are any Food Shelf shoppers allowed to bring alcohol, drugs, or weapons of any kind into the Shelburne Food Shelf.
- Please respect the property of the Shelburne Food Shelf. Replacements are costly and detract from the food shelf budget.
- We follow Shelburne's rules on COVID-19 safety precautions. Masks are optional.
- If you feel sick, please stay home. (Call 802-622-3313, press 3 to discuss options.)
- Arrive on time.
- Bring your own bags, if possible.
We look forward to seeing you!
Emergency food delivery
If your food supply is low and/or you cannot get to the food shelf to shop, we will deliver an emergency supply to you if you live in Shelburne. Call 802-622-3313, press 1 for assistance.
This is not an ongoing service. If you need food assistance on a regular basis, we encourage you to schedule shopping at the food shelf or call 802-622-3313, press 3.
Scheduled food delivery
We provide a delivery service for those who are unable to come in person. Please call 802-622-3313, press 3.