Shop for food
- Our services are provided for free.
- You will not be asked for proof of need or income.
- Please sign up to shop before arriving, if you can.
- Bring proof that you live in Shelburne.
- Please treat our volunteer staff with the same kindness and dignity with which we treat you.
Or, call 802-622-3313, then press 3
Why do I need to sign up?
We have a small space and want to keep people safe. It helps us plan how much we will need to restock.
How do I prove I live in Shelburne, Vermont?
All community members of Shelburne can shop at the Food Shelf. This includes people who are transient or unhoused. On your second visit to the Food Shelf, you will need to register and show proof of residency. You can bring a utility bill, paystub or bank statement that shows your name and current address. If you are staying at Harbor Place or using a hotel voucher, your room key will serve as proof of residency.
When are you open?
The Food Shelf is open about six times a month. Our calendar shows upcoming shopping dates and times.
What kind of food do you have?
We have a variety of foods, including vegetarian options.
How often can I shop?
Shoppers can shop twice a month.
Where is the Food Shelf?
Shelburne Town Office Building, 5420 Shelburne Road. View the map and directions.
- We follow Shelburne's rules on COVID-19 safety precautions. Masks are optional.
- If you feel sick, please stay home. (Call 802-622-3313, press 3 to discuss options.)
- Arrive on time.
- Only one shopper per family, please.
- Enter Shelburne Town Offices at the ball field entrance (west) ONLY.
- Shopping carts will be provided by the Food Shelf.
- Bring your own bags, if possible.
We look forward to seeing you!
If your food supply is low and/or you cannot get to the food shelf to shop, we will deliver an emergency supply to you if you live in Shelburne. Call 802-622-3313, press 1 for assistance.
This is not an ongoing service. If you need food assistance on a regular basis, we encourage you to schedule shopping at the food shelf or call 802-622-3313, press 3.
We provide a delivery service for those who are unable to come in person. Please call 802-622-3313, press 3.