Considering a Food Drive at your work, school, or in your neighborhood?
Here are some tips and pointers to make your drive successful:
- Please contact us via email at email@example.com or through the Contact Us page on this site and let us know! We can help with the most updated info on what we specifically need and arrange a time for items to be dropped off that works best for you.
- Consider a targeted drive...call it a Soup Drive or a Healthy Teeth drive! This would be asking for 1 or 2 types of items we need most. It allows us to stock our limited space most effectively and meet our shoppers needs. (see Current Targeted Needs box on the right)
- Make sure that any items donated are unopened, unexpired, and something you would eat yourself or feed your family. We love donations and hate to waste food!
- Here's a great article to help inspire!
Current Targeted Needs for Food Drives:
- Personal hygiene items (shower size soap bars, toothpaste, toothbrushes, floss)
- Canned Chicken & Salmon
- Ramen Noodles
- Hearty Soups (except for chicken noodle)
- Chicken, Beef & Vegetable Broth
- Meals in cans (Beef Stew, Hash, Chili)
- Pasta sauce in jars
- Cooking supplies - unbleached flour, sugar, vegetable oil
- Mac & Cheese (boxes)