Shelburne Food Shelf
Food items can be left in:
Items Currently Needed
Due to limited storage area and a clearer sense of what our shoppers need most, we are now able to let you know what we do not need or have capacity to store, as well as what we DO need!
Please note: we can NOT accept any homemade products: preserves, baked goods, etc. no matter how tasty looking for safety reasons.
Items the Shelburne Food Shelf Needs April 2018
Currently we could use more:
• Feminine Hygiene items
• Oral Hygiene items (toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss)
• Ground coffee (no K-Cups please!!) and tea packages
• Juice boxes (100% juice please)
• Ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard, salad dressing
• Instant oatmeal boxes
• Peanut butter and jelly (regular and chunky, 16 oz. size)
• Soups: Cream of (chicken, mushroom, celery, etc.), clam chowder, chicken- and beef-based soups except chicken noodle (Progresso types are more popular than condensed)
• Canned chicken
• Canned salmon
• Meals in Cans – Beef Stew, Spam, Ham, etc.
• Rice in 1 or 2 lb packages
• Rice/pasta helpers (rice/pasta sides, rice-a-roni, pilaf, etc.)
• Macaroni and cheese – boxes and individual serve cups
• Thin spaghetti, elbow macaroni, penne and rotini
• Pasta sauce (jars preferred by shoppers)
• Canned fruit – in juice
• Snacks – crackers, cookies, granola bars, microwave popcorn packets, snack packages (goldfish, pretzels, fruit gummies. etc.)
• Size 5 and 6 diapers (only those sizes please)
Items we do not currently need
• Lasagna noodles
• Canned beans (e.g. Black, cannellini, garbanzo, baked, etc.)
• Chicken noodle soup
• Miscellaneous condiments (just ketchup, mayo, mustard and salad dressing please, as above)
• Cookbooks, magazines, and other books
• Paper goods
Please note: we offer the list immediately above because our food shelf and storage spaces are very limited, and we either have plenty of these items or they are just too difficult for us to store.
Please note: we offer the list immediately above because our food shelf and storage spaces are very limited, and we either have plenty of these items or they are just too difficult for us to store!